Undergraduate introduction of the School of Resources and Safety Engineering, Chongqing University
Mining Engineering The School of Resources and Safety Engineering has one of the most recognized Mining Engineering programs in China, which has a long and distinguished history back to 1935. Mining engineering has already been honored as the state-level characteristic discipline and national key subject, ranking No. 4 nationwide for many years. In 2014, the mine engineering was evaluated as ‘excellent’ in the national engineering education professional certification project (an internationally recognized quality guarantee system of engineering education, acting as the important basis to achieve engineering education international mutual recognition and qualification of engineers).The professional training in mining engineering aims at educating students to be the high-level engineer and management talents in the field of rock infrastructure of many industries like mining engineering, hydroelectricity, railway, and city subway. The undergraduates mainly obtain employment at large mining enterprises, Land Bureau, Work Safety Administration, Coal Mine Administration, Design and Research Institute, Hydroelectric Company, Railroad Bureaus and Engineering Boards, Construction Company, or Real estate enterprise. The average employment rate of the recent three years amounts to 96.1%. Meanwhile, the rate of continuing their education at home and abroad achieves 27%.
Safety Engineering. Safety engineering, five-star major, is chosen as the key first-level discipline by Chongqing city and the key constructive discipline of ""985 Project"". The main courses include safety system engineering, safety management, safety jurisprudence, safety ergonomic, safety monitoring technology and application, fire and explosion prevention engineering, industrial ventilation and precipitation, construction safety, electrical safety, chemical safety technology. The major is dedicated to training comprehensive talents for advanced technology and management inmany fields like safety technology and engineering, safety science and research, safety supervision and management, safety and health environmental detection and monitoring, safety design and production, safety education and training. The undergraduate mainly obtain employment at safety administration of large enterprise, government safety supervision, safety-consulting agencies, or get the teaching positions in colleges. The average employment rate of the recent three years amounts to 98%. The ratio to continue their education is 26%, and among them, postgraduate recommendation achieves 15%.
Special Education Programs:
Collaborative Undergraduate Education Projects
The school has established exchanges and cooperation with University of Missouri science and technology, and University of Queensland in terms of “2+2”cooperation mode, which offer the undergraduate students double bachelor degree by spending two years in Chongqing University and two years in the cooperation university. Also, the college has signed “1+2” collaborative master education projects with the Germany's Clausthal Technical University for senior students. The selected students will obtain bachelor degree of Chongqing University and master degree of Clausthal Technical University after one-year studying in Chongqing University and two-year in Clausthal Technical University.
Program on International Mining
This experimental class is oriented around China’s overseas enterprises, domestic joint venture, and international investment company. It aims to cultivate students with global views to be high-quality talented personnel in mining management and investment. Its professional curriculum was completely introduced from Missouri University of Science and Technology and was operated in bilingual teaching mode, and 30% of the curriculum was accomplished by professors from foreign university. 50% of students get the chance for moving on study for Master degree without examination and 20% of students choose to study abroad. Meantime, the field practice projects for students have also been established with many modern large-scale enterprises like Kyrgyz’s Left Bank gold mine and China's Shenhua Group. The international cultivation mode has won the first-level Award for Teaching Achievements in Chongqing University and the Second-level Award for Teaching Achievements in Chongqing City.